These exercises will take you less than 10 minutes. Have the kids try too!
Exercise Ball Spins
Take your stability ball outside. Place your arms down on the ball with your legs extended behind you. Rotate the arms clockwise then counterclockwise 10 times and end moving the ball forward and back 10 times. Always remember to keep your chest off of the ball. This is a great exercise for core / upper body strength and it’s not easy, but it’s fun.
Place two objects such as cones, tennis balls cans, foam rollers or even toy trucks about 3 feet apart and run between and around the cones in the direction of a Figure 8. This is a great exercise for footwork. Do this for about 2 minutes.
Place a stretch band around your ankles and walk sideways across a tennis court, field, playground or your yard. Remember to have your feet facing forward and your hands on your waist. This is a great exercise for your glutes.
Plank w/ Hip Abduction
Get in a plank position and move one leg away from your body and to the side while balancing on your arms and stationery leg. This is a great exercise for core / leg strength. Do 1-3 sets of 10-15 reps on each leg. Kids will laugh as they try to keep their balance!
Exercises from Ryan Krane , a certified corrective exercise specialist and fitness consultant (and Dad.) Sign up for his newsletter at www.ryankrane.com
About the Author: Ryan Krane is a fitness consultant and certified Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES.) With corrective exercise training, Ryan helps clients return their bodies to perfect postural form. Ryan developed and utilizes The Krane Training Method™ to help chronic pain sufferers address and eliminate recurring body aches through expert-designed flexibility, posture and strength training. After years of working with clients tormented by various pains, Ryan has found that this method successfully helps patients Move Better, Feel Better and Live Better.
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 19 Jun 2013Is Your New Diet a Healthy Lifestyle Choice or Just a Fad?
- 17 Jun 2013Quick Workout Routines for Busy People
- 10 Jun 2013Dance To Your Health!
- 07 Jun 2013Instant Flat Belly Strategies
- 05 Jun 2013When Exercise Becomes Too Much Of A Good Thing
- Damien Johnson on When Exercise Becomes Too Much Of A Good Thing
- Lyn Hicks on Enjoying Your Workout Is Part of a Woman’s Key to Health
- 8 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine | Pretty Hard Work on 7 Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- Chris on Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!