The new school year is almost upon us and along with back to school shopping for needed supplies we are also shuffling around our schedules to make sure we fit everything in. Don’t let your exercise routine get pushed to the side. Try creating your own fitness mantra to help motivate you!
If You Do Nothing Else Today……
Mantras make the world go round. And the mantra you need if you are to make exercise a regular part of your life is this: “If you do nothing else today, do something good for your body.” Remind yourself repeatedly that–without good health–all the other priorities in your life will no longer be priorities.
It may mean getting up a half hour earlier or giving up lunch three times a week and getting on a treadmill instead. Or, lifting weights while watching tv or buying a pet so you have to walk it. But remember it’s a reciprocal relationship: If you want your body to serve you well in the future you have to attend to its needs….now.
About the Author: Dr. Marlene Caroselli is an author, keynoter, and corporate trainer. She has published over 60 books, including Hiring and Firing, The Language of Leadership, and Principled Persuasion, named a Director’s Choice by Doubleday Book Club.
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise