As we discuss the many detoxifying benefits of Yoga, we have learned that there is definitely a mind / body connection. Learn what our expert guest blogger, Cammi Balleck suggests which pose will give you the best detoxifying experience, both mind and body.
Clean Mind Clean Body
Yoga is a great way to rid the body of waste. There are three main systems that play a role in elimination of waste. They are circulatory, digestive and lymph systems. My favorite pose to rid toxins is the leg on the wall pose.
Sit in front of a wall, move yourself so your legs are on the wall, feet in the air with tailbone touching the wall and your upper body is flat on the floor. Rest your hands palm up beside you. Stay here at least 10 deep breaths.
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise