We’ve been kicking it up a notch in the month of April to begin preparations for swimsuit season! Our experts have met the challenge by providing us with the most effective ab exercises to incorporate into our workout routine. Here is a collaboration of last week’s most popular “great abs” articles that will give you a challenging workout and a gorgeous tummy.
Follow along with Jane Ribinskas, teacher and director at Yoga Concepts, as she guides us through a powerful yoga sequence that will tone and strengthen your core.
Join the owner of Iron Mountain Movement, Keri Kawthorne, as she leads you through her favorite ab exercise that packs a punch, the bicycle crunch.
JJ Flizanes of Invisible Fitness supplied us with an ab exercise that requires controlled movements to consciously work motion through your body and flatten your tummy.
Shaun Zetlin, founder of Zetlin Fitness, takes the plank to the next level. Learn different plank variations that will simultaneously challenge and strengthen your core.
Breathing is a very important part of exercise. Learn from Bethany Learn, founder of Fit2B Studio, a breathing exercise that will both improve your breathing technique and tighten your tummy.
Swimsuit Ready Challenge
This exercise is part of our Swimsuit Ready Challenge (April 2-30, 2012). Do this exercise and comment below “I did this!” to be entered to win our $100 and $50 giveaways. You may enter up to one time per day through April 30th.
Also – be sure to share this on Facebook, Pinterest and other sites to let your friends cheer you on or – better yet – join in on the challenge so they can hang out on the beach with you this summer!
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 24 May 2013Cool Cucumber Salad
- 22 May 20135 Ways to Maximize the Effects of Your Home Workout
- 20 May 2013Amping Your Yoga Practice
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise