This sequence is a tonic for great toned “Bikini” buttocks as well as building general strength and flexibility, calmness and a sense of wellbeing. It comes to us from Jane Ribinskas who is giving away a training package in our Swimsuit Ready Challenge.
Follow along with Jane who tells and shows us how to do this sequence:
“Virabhadrasana A” (Warrior) Sequence for “bikini Body” Buttocks
1. Start at the front of your mat with the soles of the palms together at the chest,the feet with the knuckles of the big toes together and the heels slightly apart then gently lift up through your heart.
2. Next breathe in through your nose with a slow even breath as you take the arms over head until the palms meet. Next as you exhale step back with the right leg to creating a lunge and you’ll be on the ball of the right foot. Gently work the heel into the mat so it’s a good stretch for you. Whilst you’re there draw up the right glute and gaze up to you’re palms (if your neck is sensitive gaze straight ahead. Make sure your shoulders are gently drawing down to the earth whilst you draw the navel to the spine and connect your pelvic floor for a subtle ab workout too. Keep the breath steady and even in and out through the nose whilst in holding in the posture for around 5 x breaths.
3. On the next exhalation press through the palms(good for toned arms)and take arms sideways as you fold forward down to the mat.
Once both palms are on the mat…
…take the left leg back so you’ll meet the right foot with the feet hips width apart into downward dog or in Sanskrit “Adho Mukha svanasana”.
4, Then breath in and take the right leg up in the air with the toe pointed engaging the glute.
Hold for 3-5 in-out breaths on the last out breath bring the leg through to the front in a lunge. As you breathe in take the arms up over head until the palms meet. You could repeat this sequence either side of the body from 5-20 times. Remember to also keep your pelvic floor muscles engaged throughout the sequence. This will work abs and buttocks in sync.
Swimsuit Ready Challenge
This exercise is part of our Swimsuit Ready Challenge (April 2-30, 2012). Do this exercise and comment below “I did this!” to be entered to win our $100 and $50 giveaways. You may enter up to one time per day through April 30th.
Also – be sure to share this on Facebook, Pinterest and other sites to let your friends cheer you on or – better yet – join in on the challenge so they can hang out on the beach with you this summer!
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise