Three quick tips to help you find time to exercise and get you to the gym:
1. Identify your regular gym day – Most people know which work days are longest for them at the office. Therefore, it’s important to identify when you can plan ahead and psyche yourself up to exercise before or after work. Moreover, it’s especially critical to stay consistently loyal to this day—think of it as your “You Day”! This way, you can feel even more inspired to remain dedicated to exercising no matter what temptations attempt to distract you.
2. Keep moving – Keep active after work and proceed to the gym without going home if possible.
Your house or apartment is comforting and tempting, with its plush couch and big screen television. Moreover, you can always find distractions at home to prevent you from going to the gym. So, it’s absolutely crucial to avoid sitting down and getting comfortable, particularly after a long day at work.
3. Say “no” to happy hour – This might seem obvious to some, but alcohol will only prevent you from heading to your gym. Drinking alcohol before a workout is particularly unsafe and will also dehydrate you. Therefore, say “no” to happy hour and choose going to the gym to blow off the unnecessary stress from work or school. Besides, you can still be social at the gym while getting healthy at the same time!
About the Author: Master Trainer Shaun Zetlin has successfully run his own personal training business in the New York Metro area. To find out more about Shaun and his new book, “Push-up Progression Workout for a Stronger Core: A Twelve Push-up Journey,” check out his website: www.zetlinfitness.com
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise