We have all been there… working out like crazy a month before our high school reunion, or spending the months of April and May in the gym preparing for swimsuit season. And we may likely be in that place someday again. But, we would prefer to be there in a different frame of mind.
Our guest blogger reminds us that exercise is not seasonal! Rachel reminded us yesterday that we can stay fit even when on vacation! Learn how to get out of that workout-only-when-needed mentality and start making it habitual.
Working Out is Not Seasonal
Exercising regularly is essentially half of the battle when it comes to actually staying fit. Obviously, the other half is eating properly. Though, for many people, the exercising part just seems to daunting for many people in this country.
To combat this lethargic quandary, one needs to take certain steps to fall into the a constant groove of physical activity. The first step is to join a gym that is a reasonable distance away from your home or job. Give yourself at least two to three days a week with a minimum of one hour per gym session. The next step is to do research and ask people for advice. If you step into a gym not knowing how to correctly do certain exercises, you may hurt yourself. Don’t be afraid to ask questions to fellow gym-goers. The final step is to keep up a routine and surprise your body with new and innovative workouts. Push yourself to keep going and find ways to make working out fun and exciting.
What tricks have you used to make working out a habit?
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise