Learn how holistic nutrition coach, Tamara Jacobi, suggests we begin creating healthy habits in our lifestyle in order to sustain the weight and fitness level for which we strive.
Gradually Create a Healthy and Sustainable Lifestyle
Many of us go through a honeymoon period with diet and lifestyle changes. We dive in head first, have success for the first couple of weeks and then burn ourselves out and revert to our old routine. Here are some ways to breakthrough the honeymoon period and make a healthy lifestyle sustainable.
a) Make small changes that are realistic for you. Instead of embarking on some extreme diet, try introducing simple healthy foods into your diet on a daily basis. Focus on quality whole foods that will build your nutritional foundation. Apply the same theory to exercise. Instead of forcing yourself to go to the gym every day of the week, start with 3 days a week that will work with your schedule.
b) Moderation. Don’t deprive yourself of the foods you love. Instead focus on moderation. Deprivation can start a dangerous cycle of yo-yo dieting and binge eating. Treating yourself occasionally will keep you more satisfied.
c) Figure out what foods and workouts work best for your unique body. When you find the foods and types of movement that are most compatible with your body you’re much more likely to stick with them. Do some experimenting to figure out what works best for you.
c) Get support! As you embark on your new health journey it’s important to set yourself realistic goals and get support! A health coach can keep you on track and hold you accountable to your health goals.
Thank you, Tamara! Love your tips. The last one especially hits home. Working with others to help one another achieve their goals, weight loss, fitness, or otherwise, is one of the most effective methods of motivation. It is so helpful to encourage each other through struggles and celebrate with each other through victories.
How have you created sustainable healthy habits?
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise