What motivates us to exercise?… when the want becomes greater than the dread. Our expert guest blogger shares with us how to strengthen the mind, reinforcing our resolve for a successful exercise routine.
How to Get WANT POWER Instead of Will Power
Meditation is without a doubt one of the most important steps you can do to lose weight and get want power. How can a sedentary activity help you lose weight? We all know that we need to eat less and exercise more and with a smorgasbord of diet books. Then why are there now 200 million Americans overweight? We are neglecting the most critical aspect of successful weight loss – our overstressed minds. If your mind/body were a business, your mind would be the CEO and your body would be the subordinate employee following orders.
Meditation increases your self-awareness so you’re more in sync with what you’re doing. By bringing your body, mind and spirit into focus, meditation helps you achieve your weight loss goals. Instead of eating mindlessly, you become mindful of your actions which results in the ‘domino effect’ of increasing your minds ability to fine tune what your body really needs instead of what it wants.
How do you strengthen the mind, increasing your resolve to exercise?
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise