There are many tools we can use for self defense, but the one that clues us in to a problem in the first place is that little voice inside. Learn how our experts suggest we trust our instincts for the best method of self defense.
Trust Your Instincts
The world can be a scary place. It always has been. The predator prey relationship is nothing new, except that the predators are walking on two legs and look like the rest of us. The good news is that you still have, hardwired into your brain, the instincts to perceive and respond to danger. Most people have learned to tune out or deny these messages. Sometimes we ignore them in order to seem more polite. Dont! I would rather strangers thought of you as rude than as a victim. Listen to the warnings that your brain is sending out. Awareness is often its own form of deterrent.
How has trusting your instincts helped you as a form of self defense?
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 20 May 2013Amping Your Yoga Practice
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise