Step Ups are a great exercise for training your rear-end. Step ups effectively tone your glutes and thighs. The added balance challenge with this exercise also works your stabilizing muscles to improve your balance.
Another benefit with step ups is they can be done at home. To start, place your right foot on the lowest step. Step up with your left leg to meet the right. Then, step down with your left leg while keeping your right foot on the step. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
As you get stronger, you can use the second step to increase intensity without adding weight.
Swimsuit Ready Challenge
This exercise is part of our Swimsuit Ready Challenge (April 2-30, 2012). Do this exercise and comment below “I did this!” to be entered to win our $100 and $50 giveaways. You may enter up to one time per day through April 30th.
Also – be sure to share this on Facebook, Pinterest and other sites to let your friends cheer you on or – better yet – join in on the challenge so they can hang out on the beach with you this summer!
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 24 May 2013Cool Cucumber Salad
- 22 May 20135 Ways to Maximize the Effects of Your Home Workout
- 20 May 2013Amping Your Yoga Practice
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise