It is important when traveling by yourself to be cautious. While we like to help others, we must be smart about how we interact with strangers. We are used to instilling all the important stranger danger tips in our children, but how often do we stop to take a moment to instill awareness in ourselves?
Our expert guest bloggers have provided us with a few tips to stay safe while on the road alone. Learn how to protect yourself against a possible attacker.
Don’t Be So Darn Polite
Women are naturally helpful by nature. Don’t let this put you in harms way by rolling your car window all the way down to give directions to a stranger. Roll it only a few inches down, keep your door locked. If they start to approach uncomfortably close, roll up the window and drive away. And don’t feel guilty about it!
Behind Closed Doors
Ladies, when you are staying at a hotel, do what I do to protect yourself. Since I travel often with my professional speaking engagements and stay at hotels, I always double lock my door when I am in the room. That way, if a key to your room is mistakenly given to someone else, you won’t wake up or get out of the shower to find a stranger in your room.
What prevention tips do you use when traveling by yourself?
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 20 May 2013Amping Your Yoga Practice
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise