Detoxify your body using this yoga pose from certified yoga instructor, Marianne Impal.
This pose will be sure to turn up the heat and turn down the toxins while lubricating shoulder joints and increasing vitality.
Sitting in Dandasana Pose, root your sitting bones firmly into the mat while extending your legs out in front of you. Be sure to flex and activate your legs all the way down to the feet. Place your hands right along side your body, palms facing down with fingers spread wide and facing forward. Your shoulders should be directly over your wrists.
Take a deep breath in, hug into your core, lengthen your spine and lift your heart; on an exhale press into the hands lifting your bottom up off the mat into Reverse Table Pose. Be sure to stack your knees directly above the ankles to insure proper alignment. Hold at the bottom of the exhale.
Inhale release the pose, but instead of coming completely down, push your bottom back in line with your shoulders and hover your hips off the floor in an elevated Dandasana before repeating this flow again. Repeat approximately 5-10 times. You may hold the last Reverse Table Pose for 5 breaths before releasing completely.
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise