This week we are talking about women’s safety and self defense. Today we have some excellent advice about what to do if you’re approached by a stranger while walking to your car or down the street. Our expert guest bloggers, Tracy & Charley Vega, owners of Simple Self Defense For Women, promote how to “simply escape an attack, NOT stay and fight!”
Put your head and shoulders on a bosu or if you don’t have a bosu you could elevate your head and shoulders on some sturdy pillows. Have a heavy hand weight next to you for use in this exercise. Elevate your butt and hips similiar to a bridge position in yoga. Place the hand weight on your abs – you might have to lightly hold it so it will not roll off . Keep your weight in the heels of your feet and raise your butt – with the weight on your abs – up and down. Do at least three sets of 8.
Swimsuit Ready Challenge
This exercise is part of our Swimsuit Ready Challenge (April 2-30, 2012). Do this exercise and comment below “I did this!” to be entered to win our $100 and $50 giveaways. You may enter up to one time per day through April 30th.
Also – be sure to share this on Facebook, Pinterest and other sites to let your friends cheer you on or – better yet – join in on the challenge so they can hang out on the beach with you this summer! read more →
Rest and recovery are an important part of your intense training routine. Learn why taking the necessary downtime from your training will help decrease your recovery time and how to know when your rest time is long over-do.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise