There are many ways you can up-level your mindset for success – to help you stick to your newly established healthy habits, to make sure that they stick and last well beyond “New Year Resolution.”
3 Simple Tips That Make A Big Difference
1. The 90/10 Rule. Eat well and healthy 90% of the time, and let yourself indulge without guilt 10% of the time. Don’t beat yourself up if you slip – this kind of guilt and self-blame does not help you stay on course.
Deprivation is not a sustainable way to make changes that last. You may be able to go cold turkey on your favorite food for two weeks, but want happens after your “diet”? Most people will probably binge, feel bad, and give up. Allowing yourself to eat what you love, and possibly finding healthier substitute to satisfy your taste bud, is how you can make healthy changes that will bring you benefits for a long time to come.
2. The Bigger Why. When you face challenges in adapting dietary and lifestyle changes, and wanting to just go back to the old familiar way of eating, ask yourself – what is costing you not to take action?
You need to go deep, and think not just the immediate consequences but keep asking “then what?” – tap into the emotions that come with the immediate outcome – that is the ultimate results that you want to create.
3. Subconscious Fear and Mental Blocks. If you have been trying to make changes to your diet and lifestyle, but are unable to make breakthroughs beyond a certain point, I invite you to dig deeper into what is holding you back. Maybe it’s not just the matter of willpower at the present moment that is preventing you from succeeding. You may have to do some work to see if any of your past experiences is responsible for some limiting beliefs that are holding you back.
About the Author: Ling Wong, CHHC, AADP, provides holistic nutrition and wellness coaching to support busy moms to “get their mojo back”. She helps her clients lose weight, gain more energy, attain emotional balance and mental clarity with actionable steps and changes that work with their lifestyles. read more →
How do we instill healthy habits in our children if we are not living a healthy lifestyle? Moms everywhere have started setting a good example for their children by taking control of their health and fitness levels. Learn how this work-at-home Mom of 5 has made exercise a family affair!
Today’s guest blogger reminds us of the small choices we make throughout the day that help create healthy habits. All our small decisions add up to one big quality of life. Learn how making the most of your choices will help improve your health and well being.
Throughout your day, you are faced with a multitude of decisions that ultimately effect your overall health. Everything from where you park your car to what you choose for lunch. These small decisions determine the course of your health and your life. The food you eat, the activities and exercise you perform all guide the path of your health, your weight and overall energy levels.
Choose natural, nutrient-rich foods. Choose to move a little more. Turn off your electronics and do that which energizes you. All these little things combine to lead you along the path of optimal health
What decision did you make to help you create healthy habits? read more →
At Pretty Hard Work we know that maintaining a healthy diet and regular exercise doesn’t come easy. But, we also know that once we make both an important part of our lifestyle that it is very worth the effort. Take a look at the following healthy habits you can apply to any diet.
Creating habits takes time. Try using this advice from our expert guest blogger to create a healthy lifestyle that lasts by forming healthy habits.
We know that creating healthy habits is Pretty Hard Work. Unfortunately, eating healthy and exercising have become more and more difficult to fit into our busy schedules. With our lives being centered around the majority of our day sitting at a desk, there leaves little motivation to come home and get moving!
BUT WE MUST! So, this week we are talking about creating healthy habits. Once you’re in the habit of eating healthy and exercising, your body will start to crave it and life just won’t feel right if you neglect it. But, don’t try to start all at once. Set yourself up for success by trying the following plan from health & wellness author, Syd Hoffman.
Being healthy and fit don’t come naturally, at first. Beginning a new program of any kind initially feels uncomfortable. But, once you incorporate a few changes into your routine and get past that hump (whatever it may be), healthy habits become exactly that – habitual, non-invasive, even craved activities.
Learn how to create healthy habits using these no-diet eating tips from our expert:
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise