As we talk about detoxifying yoga poses, we hear more and more about using twists. Here is another yoga pose from expert guest blogger, Acharya Sri Khadi Madama, that teaches us how to use another variation of a twist to help detox our liver.
Twist up into the Triangle Pose and De-Tox Your Liver
A brief approach would be to stand with your feet as wide as comfort and stability allow; feet turned slightly outward. Begin with arms at your sides, (breathe through nose) inhale, raising arms to shoulder height. Exhale (through the nose); bring the left palm down to the left foot or ankle. Remain for 3 deep breaths.
Inhale, as you straighten back up returning to the center and exhale to perform on the opposite side, holding for 3 deep breaths.
An additional idea would be to bring your palms to the opposite foot, creating a bit more internal compression to the liver. This pose (Trikonasana) is also good for relieving water retention. Rest a moment before starting any subsequent Yoga or exercise.
What is your favorite detoxifying yoga pose?
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 19 Jun 2013Is Your New Diet a Healthy Lifestyle Choice or Just a Fad?
- 17 Jun 2013Quick Workout Routines for Busy People
- 10 Jun 2013Dance To Your Health!
- 07 Jun 2013Instant Flat Belly Strategies
- 05 Jun 2013When Exercise Becomes Too Much Of A Good Thing
- Damien Johnson on When Exercise Becomes Too Much Of A Good Thing
- Lyn Hicks on Enjoying Your Workout Is Part of a Woman’s Key to Health
- 8 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine | Pretty Hard Work on 7 Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- Chris on Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!