We are on the hunt for intense training routines that will motivate and challenge us to perform. We like to feel the results of our Pretty Hard Work, knowing we pushed ourselves to our maximum potential.
So, if you’re tired of doing the same old exercises and are looking for a new challenge, try using our guest blogger, Kerry Ann King’s suggestion. But beware… this is no lightweight workout!
Barre Class Isn’t for Sissies!
Barre classes are one of the hot new trends in group fitness. As a rule, they incorporate low-resistance high-rep exercises taken from the world of dance, with stretches and abdominal work. In my classes I use a combination of exercises derived from ballet, Martha Graham, Merce Cunningham, african dance and even hip hop, and blend this with yoga and Pilates-based stretches. The result is a super-toning, core-strengthening workout.
And don’t assume that because these exercises are usually done in toe shoes and tutus means that they are not athletic. Prepare to feel the burn. I recently shared some of these exercises with a male client. He couldn’t believe how much he was feeling his legs the next day! Adding a barre-type class once a week can challenge even the most jaded athlete.
How have you upped the ante by adding an intense exercise routine to your fitness program?
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- 14 May 2013Curb Your Cravings With Almost Heaven Almond Macaroons
- 30 Apr 2013Shaved Heads, Pride and Being Blissfully Grateful
- 26 Apr 2013Home Gym: Keep It Simple
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise