Are you guilty of sucking in your stomach when you look in the mirror – or pulling in that belly when you’re out and about and see someone walk by?
C’mon – we all do it!
As today’s guest blogger tells us – keep it up! Just lie on your back and suck in that gut – it is a real exercise that actually builds muscle!
Vacuum for Tight Abs
No, I don’t mean you should break out the vacuum cleaner for the rugs, but rather should “vacuum” your stomach!
Lie flat on the floor with knees bent. Literally pull your belly button in as if you wanted it to touch your spine. Hold this position for 10 seconds, then release for 5 seconds. Repeat a total of ten times.
This works the “transverse abdominals,” which when strong, will help tighten the waistline and make it smaller (sort of like an internal corset). Most people forget to work this important part of the muscle…but it should not be neglected!
Swimsuit Ready Challenge
This exercise is part of our Swimsuit Ready Challenge (April 2-30, 2012). Do this exercise and comment below “I did this!” to be entered to win our $100 and $50 giveaways. You may enter up to one time per day through April 30th.
Also – be sure to share this on Facebook, Pinterest and other sites to let your friends cheer you on or – better yet – join in on the challenge so they can hang out on the beach with you this summer!
About the Author
This article was created with the help of FizzNiche Guest Bloggers. If you'd like your articles to appear on this site, come see the topics we're working on in the Fitness and Exercise category.
Subscribe to receive updates!
The Pretty Hard Work Store
- 24 May 2013Cool Cucumber Salad
- 22 May 20135 Ways to Maximize the Effects of Your Home Workout
- 20 May 2013Amping Your Yoga Practice
- 18 May 2013Learn The Advantages Of Pilates
- 15 May 20138 More Quick Tips on How to Start a Physically Active Routine
- Dr. Len Lopez on Don’t Neglect Half Your Upper Body – Try Inverted Pull-ups!
- samac on How to Fuel Your Workout
- Tony Nguyen on 4 Tips for Those Who Can’t Stop Sweating After a Workout
- Quick Start Morning Workout | Iron Mountain Pilates & Movement Ltd. on Quick Start Morning Workout
- Where to Find Motivation to Exercise | Pretty Hard Work « Try Wellness on For Size on Where to Find Motivation to Exercise